Most people are thrilled that Fridays signal the end of the work week. I presently find myself even more overwhelmed by the demands of my weekend! Caregiving for the in-laws isn’t a restful way to spend my non-training days, so I’d rather seize the pleasant moments when I can create them.
Right now, I’m working at not boosting my mood through anything that has calories. That whole “I want to keep fitting in my wedding dress” thing is a helpful incentive.
If you’d like to give yourself a boost, try one (or more) of these techniques below!
- Spend 5 minutes outside. BE outside and immerse yourself in the experience.
- Take 5 minutes to sit with your breath, not your thoughts. Bonus points for doing this outside.
- Check out some art. Are there murals in your neighborhoods you haven’t looked at lately? Does your office have pictures and wall-hangings that you write off as part of the background without appreciating? How about that art museum you keep meaning to go by?
- Perform trigger point release on your hands and forearms or a do a self-given foot rub.
- Invite a friend to join you for a walk.
Do you have a favorite not on the list? Reply back and let me know!