Take a Stretch Break
With everything that builds up on those lists of “to-do’s” there are always more than a few things that wind up slipping through the cracks. Stretching regretfully tends to be at the top of our list! While blocking off time for flexibility work is great, getting in something is better than nothing!
Here are a handful of my favorite ways to sneak in time to stretch:
- Between sips of coffee in the morning.
- Catching up on an episode of Netflix before bed.
- Waiting at a traffic light as a pedestrian. (You may find me working on calf raises, or possibly stretching my shoulders!)
- Neck, wrist and ankle rolls after sitting at the computer for an hour.
- Doorway pec stretches when entering the bedroom.
- Countertop hinge to stretch shoulders, back and hamstrings while waiting for that dish to cook on the stove.
- Stretching my calves on the stairs before I enter my home.
What are some of your favorite ways to squeeze in time to open up your tight muscles?
If you’re looking for some stretches to try, here are some of my favorites!
To your health,
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email up to twice per week. Receive fitness tips, articles, specials and studio news.