Happy Friday! At last, my pumpkin extravaganza is drawing to an end. How better to celebrate this event than with homemade pumpkin butter?
Oh She Glows is a DELIGHTFUL vegan website I’ve utilised over the years. She had a pumpkin butter recipe I wanted to try my own take on. (See her version at her website here.)
- 2.5 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/8 cup organic apple juice
- 1/2 cup grade A maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- fine grain sea salt
- I combined the puree, juice, syrup and spices in the blender until nicely smooth. Oh, the yummy fall scents.
- Once blended, I put into a medium saucepan with vented lid to simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- After everything was nice and thick, I removed it from heat, stirred in the vanilla, lemon juice and salt. (I was impatient, but hopefully combining the steps won’t cause any problems.)
It needed to be taste tested, so of course a couple of slices of (gluten free) toast with Earth Balance and my new pumpkin butter was in order.
According to Oh She Glows, it can keep anywhere from 2-4 weeks. I have to be confess something to you all. I’ll be lucky if it survives through week two.
Next week resumes the regular Monday posts. Let me know if you tried any of my recipes, and which ones you liked the best! Comment below, or sent me an email at email@example.com.